Welcome to the Antrim Youth Bible Study Hub!
We are beginning a DVD series called “How Do We Know the Bible is True?” by Brian Edwards, a popular author, theologian, and Bible teacher from England. His has written over 20 books and videos, including historical biographies, theology, and apologetics.
This is a 4-part series with the following titles:
“Scripture Under Scrutiny”
“The Life of William Tyndale”
“The Authentic Christ”
We will go through them in that order beginning Friday evening (Sept. 29, 2017) at Daniel Miller’s at 6:30 P.M.
“Scripture Under Scrutiny” seeks to demonstrate the validity of the Bible and its claims to be the word of God. After we have completed the video we will be able to:
1. Identify the ultimate authority for Christians.
2. Briefly describe the history of the universe as related in the Bible.
3. State/write four qualities that make the Bible a unique book.
4. Describe the relationship between the understanding of origins and lifestyle.
5. Distinguish between what the Bible is and how we got the Bible.
6. Describe the inspiration of Scripture.
Here are several questions to consider:
1. How do you understand the inspiration of the Bible?
2. Most people think, or have been taught, that self-authenticating claim cannot be true or trusted. Can the Bible be trusted as the Word of God, as It claims? Check out this article called “Does Logic supersede the Bible?”
3. What Scripture references support describing the Bible as the inerrant, inspired, sufficient Word of God?
4. What Scripture references help answer us understand what the Bible is and how we got it?
5. What reasons can you cite to help others know why you trust the Bible?
If any of you are interested in more materials to take your study to the next level here are some suggestions: